Fire Service Museum

In 2003 a new building was constructed in the museum grounds to house vehicles from the Tasmania Fire Museum collection. The shed houses three fire engines and a variety of smaller items, including fittings, fire extinguishers, uniforms and badges. The engines on display are rotated from time to time, with those stored elsewhere.

Fire Service Museum
Fire Service Museum

Engines displayed so far have included

  • two Hobart Fire Brigade Ford trucks (dating from 1939 and 1941),
  • Tasmania Fire Service 1969 Dennis ladder truck,
  • TFS 1966 Ford F350 rescue vehicle,
  • Rural Fires Board Bedford tanker (built in 1970) and
  • converted Volkswagen utility van originally owned by the Cadburys chocolate company.

For more details about the Tasmania Fire Museum, including contact details, please see their page on the TFS web-site

Right: Two of the initial engines on display

  • Hobart Fire Brigade No. 2 - a 1938 vintage Ford with a 50 foot Morris/Ajax ladder; and a
  • Rural Fires Board 1970 RLHC Bedford heavy tanker, formerly with the Richmond Fire Brigade,

Fire Service Museum


Template last updated: April 10, 2015, 07:45:59
Page URL: http:// www.railtasmania.com/ttms/info.php?id=tfs
All content of this site is copyright ©
Please contact us if you have problems with the site or want more information